Saturday, April 4, 2015

SHAME ON ME FOR NOT DISCOVERING JOHN K. KING BOOKSTORE IN DETROIT SOONER

I was on the phone recently with a buddy of mine I grew up with in Flint. My buddy Tom, who by the way is a contributor to PWP, asked me to meet him and and a friend of his at this used bookstore in Detroit called John K. King Used & Rare Books. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot of the bookstore I knew the place was great! It was more than great, it was FANTASTIC!

This store has four floors of rare and used books from any genre you can think of. Are you a Beatles freak like me? If you are you will find yourself immersed in Beatles bliss. You will find book after book after book on the boys! From poetry, sports, mysteries, classical literature and religion it is all here! I could spend five straight days there. No kidding!

I also have to say how friendly, warm and welcoming the staff is at John King. These are qualities that should never be underestimated.

After hours of browsing top off the afternoon with lunch at the fabulous Mudgie's Deli a couple blocks away! You can't go wrong. Shame on me for not discovering John K. King Used & Rare Books sooner!

Jeff Brown

PWP

No comments:

Post a Comment