Thursday, September 14, 2017

Alabama resident who reported to Purple Walrus Press while trapped in U.S. Virgin Islands during Hurricane Irma tells her story / shares video footage.



By Editor & Publisher Jeff Brown.

Last Wednesday, Sept 6, 2017, I was in contact with Alabama resident Klaudia Harris while she was trapped with her family and boyfriend on the U.S. Virgin Islands as Hurricane Irma pummeled the island. On Wednesday morning, Sept 6 Klaudia reported to me what she and her family were experiencing on that frightening day. At approximately 2:00 pm September 6, as the hurricane approached the island, I lost contact with Klaudia due to power outages and lack of service.

I am glad to report that on Saturday, September 9, Klaudia contacted me and said she and her family were shaken but doing ok. Klaudia, her mom, stepdad and boyfriend had just been evacuated to Puerto Rico in the wake of the devastating hurricane. Klaudia also filled me in on what she, her boyfriend, and her family experienced on that fateful day, Wednesday, September 6, after I lost contact with her as the hurricane descended on their location on at the Westin St John Resort & Villas on the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Here is how Klaudia described the horrific events she and her family and boyfriend experienced on September 6, in her own words. "Okay well about 12:51 the eye wall came over us and I actually have a video that my boyfriend took of a roof flying out our window and knocking our door. not even 2 minutes later our door came flying off and nearly hit my mom and we ran back to the back room and my boyfriend and stepdad had to hold the bedroom door from flying open. The barometric pressure dropped and I felt like eardrums were going to pop out. It seemed like it was going to last forever, I had a major panic attack because I thought my mom was dead and I thought we were going to die. The walls were shaking horribly and I had a mattress on top of me. It finally ended and I walked out side and it was absolutely devastating. Everything was gone. We didn't have power or water the first night and our room was flooded from the back and the front. the back was muddy water from a hill & the front was from the door. The hotel staff took very good care of us and fed us and kept us updated. We just arrived in Puerto Rico and we are flying our Wednesday."

Check out Klaudia's video of the hurricane damage as it passed over their location.

No comments:

Post a Comment