Friday, February 9, 2018

Tom Izzo gives tepid statement on hiring of Bill Beekman as MSU interim athletic director.



By Editor & Publisher Jeff Brown.

MSU basketball coach Tom Izzo gave what appeared to be a tepid statement about former MSU acting president William Beekman being named interim athletic director. Izzo's comments came after the basketball team's afternoon practice Thursday.

In a statement made to the Michigan State University student run newspaper The State News, Izzo commented. "I do know Bill Beekman, and I like Bill Beekman. I don't know him as an AD, I barely know him as a boss. "I really don't know him that well, but like everybody as new people come in, I'm going to get to know him. When I get to know him, I'll have a better comment." This According to the State News.

Earlier in the week MSU interim president John Engler named Beekman interim AD. Former MSU AD Mark Hollis retired in late Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment