|Photo Purple Walrus Press.|
Editor & Publisher Jeff Brown.
According to a press release sent to Purple Walrus Press on Thursday, December 27, Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for January at locations throughout Flint.
According to a statement, The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Produce expected to be available to families in January includes apples and potatoes.
More than $300 million has been provided to help the residents of Flint, including this initiative. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last, according MDHHS. January dates by location are:
- Greater Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, 6702 N. Dort Highway
- Thursday, Jan. 3, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 10, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 17, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 24, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 31, at 10 a.m.
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Highway
- Monday, Jan. 7, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Jan. 14, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Jan. 21, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Jan. 28, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davidson Road.
- Wednesday, Jan. 2, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 8, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29, at 10 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, Jan. 9, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, Jan. 12, at 9 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road
- Saturday, Jan. 12, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 10 a.m.
- St. Luke NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale.
- Friday, Jan. 18, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, Jan. 19, at noon.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. according to MDHHS.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.