Thursday, December 6, 2018

United Way of Washtenaw County Announces Dr. Lori Pierce as 2019 Woman of the Year.

  
Editor & Publisher Jeff Brown.

According to the United Way of Washtenaw County, the University of Michigan Vice Provost for Academic and Faculty Affairs has been selected by the United Way of Washtenaw County (UWWC) Women United group as the 2019 Woman of the Year. Dr. Pierce will be honored at the UWWC’s Power of the Purse event on March 14, 2019, at The Kensington Hotel on State Street.

“Dr. Pierce exemplifies what the Power of the Purse initiative is about: women taking action to address community issues,” said Pam Smith, President of the United Way of Washtenaw County, and member of the Power of the Purse committee. “We are thrilled to honor her achievements and leadership at our event," according United Way.


“I am so humbled to have been chosen to receive this honor. It has been a privilege for me to care for women with breast cancer and I have based many of my research goals on the needs and concerns expressed by my patients. It is an honor to work side by side with these women and their families to try to improve their lives and the lives of others diagnosed with cancer.”, shared Dr. Pierce." This according to the UWWC media release.


With over 160 manuscripts and book chapters published, Dr. Pierce has received numerous teaching awards. Locally, she has been an active volunteer/supporter of Food Gatherers, served as a United Way Campaign Co-Chair with her husband, Tony Denton, and is a member of the UWWC Tocqueville Society, according United Way of Washtenaw County.

The UWWC established the Woman of the Year honor in 2009.  Previous recipients include Cecilia Fileti, Cynthia Wilbanks, Verna McDaniel, Beth Fitzsimmons, Martha Darling, Pat Warner, Denise Rabidoux, and Lucy Ann Lance.  The 2019 Event Chair is Stacy Fuqua, according to a UWWC press release.
ABOUT WOMEN UNITED
Women United is a United Way national network of some 55,000 members in 137 U.S. communities and the most successful philanthropic effort of its kind. Previously known as Women’s Leadership Council, the committee has raised nearly $330,000 locally, in Washtenaw County, to support women’s financial stability programs.  
ABOUT UNITED WAY OF WASHTENAW COUNTY

According to the UWWC release, "As part of our 96-year history, the United Way of Washtenaw County brings people, organizations and resources together to create a thriving community for everyone. Our focus areas of Health, Education and Financial Stability provide the building blocks to strengthen the community and create opportunities for individuals and families. Our Volunteer Center provides an easy online way for people to connect with nonprofits in the community and our 2-1-1 helpline refers more than 8,000 people annually to critically needed services. To learn more, donate, or volunteer, visit uwgive.org."

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone. I want to share my amazing experience with the great spell caster Dr Mark my husband was cheating on me and when I found out we had a fight which lead him filling for a divorce I cried and fell sick when I was searching about love quotes online I saw people talking about Dr Mark and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info I contacted Dr Mark and he told me not to worry that after 24 hours he will cancel the divorce and my husband will be back to me after I did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back, thank you once again Dr Mark you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you. contact Dr Mark through his email address on: blessedlovetemple@gmail.com He cure all kinds of sickness or diseases such as: HERPES VIRUS LASSA FEVER GONORRHEA HIV/AID

    ReplyDelete