Wednesday, October 12, 2016

HERE IS WHAT I'VE LEARNED IN MY YEARS ON THE PLANET... ALCOHOL IS EXCELLENT MEDICINE!


So, in August I managed to come down with what is commonly referred to as a pinched nerve. The fancy medical term is cervical radiculopathy. Now, for most of my life I've heard of people having a pinched a nerve and admittedly, I probably kind of poo pooed it. If I heard of an athlete sitting out a game or two because of a pinched nerve I would think to myself, "pinched nerve? Come on. How bad can that be." Well, I was WRONG! Let me tell you that as someone with a chronically pinched nerve it is one major pain in the arse, I mean ass! It lingers, and lingers, and lingers!

This leads me to the point of this article. The point of the article being the benefits of alcohol, or more specifically in this case, red wine. I know I shouldn't say this, but alcohol is the greatest remedy for, well, just about everything! Yep, it's true! Take this morning for example. My pinched nerve was bugging the hell out me. So, while at the Washtenaw Krogers or Krillers, or whatever, I thought screw it. I'm going to douse myself in wine tonight to, yes, relieve the pain in my blasted left arm! Well, as of 7:00 pm tonight, TA DA, it worked!

Yes, physical therapy has helped, but a $9.99 bottle of Bogle has done the trick like nothing else! No, not the whole bottle, just a glass or two. I'm almost completely pain free. See! Doctors should start prescribing alcohol! I'm serious!

So lets hear it for good old alcohol, the greatest pain reliever of all time! Nay sayers be damned!

Cheers!

Jeff Brown
Editor/Publisher
Purple Walrus Press.

Wine. Photo credit winecurmudgeon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment