Sunday, July 3, 2016

ELVISFEST IN YPSILANTI COMING SOON! AND A BRIEF SPIEL...ABOUT ELVIS OF COURSE!

One day, when I was but a lad in my hometown of Flint, Mi , I was at the Flint Public Library with my mom and sister. My favorite thing to do when at the library was to peel away from my mom and and sister and head off for the record album section of the library up on the 2nd floor. It was 1973 and my ten year old self had just fallen under the spell of the Beatles who had broken up just a year or two previously. I was on a mission to see what the library had on hand that Saturday as far as Beatles albums. But, wait. Something caught my eye! Who's that cool lookin' dude on the cover of that album shakin' it in front of a superimposed planet earth in the middle of outer space? It was ELVIS! It was his recent record release, Aloha From Hawaii Via Satellite. Via satellite?! Coolness!! What an album cover! I couldn't stop looking at the thing! It opened up and everything! So I walked out of the library that Saturday in 1973 with copies of The Beatles Abbey Road, Rubber Soul, and Elvis Aloha Via Satellite From Hawaii! Perfect!

My apologies. My intention was only to announce the fabulous event of ElvisFest right here in our fabulous town of Ypsilanti. Instead, I gave you a whole spiel! I just can't help it! I'm so geeked up about Elvis! Now, for the event.

ElvisFest located in Ypsilanti's beautiful Riverside Park begins Friday, July 8, and runs through Saturday, July 9. The event is chalk full of Elvis tribute performers. Also, see tribute performers do their thing for Tom Jones, James Brown, and others. Check it out!

Tickets at the gate;

Friday 5pm to midnight $20.00 per person.
Add caption
Saturday noon to midnight $30.00 per person.
Kids 12 and under are free.

ElvisFest
July 8-9.
Riverside Park
Cross Street/ Depot Town
Ypsilanti.

Jeff Brown
Editor/Publisher
Purple Walrus Press

No comments:

Post a Comment