Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Ken MacGregor's scary, freaky creepy book launch at Dreamland Theater in Ypsilanti...If you can handle it.


Alright folks, lets see. How to begin this article? Ok, I've got it. Ahem... It is with great trepidation that I relay to you the Ken MacGregor book launch at Dreamland Theater in Ypsilanti April 15. Why the trepidation? Well, because I'm a big chicken when it comes to creepy, scary, Gory stuff! Listen, any horror or book created after about 1970 is too scary for me, ok? I mean The Day The Earth Stood Still is my speed.

This leads me to the new Ken MacGregor book titled Sex, Gore, and Millipedes, and by all accounts its, um, weird, and full of all kinds of erotic super freaky, scary, and gory stuff! Erotic? Maybe I'll take a peek. But seriously. according to the author, this event is NOT FOR KIDS.

MacGregor is celebrating the launch of his second collection at the Dreamland Theater from 5 to 9 pm on April 15. But, as stated above, the event is definitely not for children. This is clearly stated in the press release.

According to the press release, "The cover has nudity and graphic gore." Yike. The release also states, "The stories within are even more brutal. Anyone 17 and older is welcome, but please leave the kids at home." Double yikes.

According to MacGregor, "This is all the truly sick stuff I've written in the last six years." Sex Gore and Millipedes is comprised of 14 stories specially selected to make the reader uncomfortable. Actually, I'm already uncomfortable just writing this. Oy.

Well, if you can stomach it, check out this event on April 15 at Dreamland Theater located at 26. N. Washington Street in Ypsi from 5 to 9. I think I'm going to pass on it on account of I'm so chicken, but you go ahead. You can tell me all about it while I'm sipping coffee at Cross Street Coffee.

Jeff Brown
founder & editor
Purple Walrus Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment