Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Ongoing coverage of the amazing mowing sheep of Ypsilanti day two!


At approximately 10:00 am Wednesday morning, May 24, Purple Walrus Press checked in with the amazing grass mowing sheep of Ypsilanti...you know, just to make sure they were ok, and to see if they had decided to stage a protest or sit in or something like that. But alas, there they were , just munching away on the grassy knoll, or rather, hill, there in Riverside Park in Ypsi. In fact, they were behaving just like...sheep! The sheep seemed quite content and focused on completing their task of 'mowing.' They were putting their hearts and souls into their work. You could just tell!

How about a brief recap. Sometime ago, I'm not sure when, the City of Ypsilanti decided to use sheep to 'mow' "challenging" spaces in Riverside Park in Ypsilanti instead of human beings. I know! Great idea! I mean, what human being wants to spend the day schleping a lawn mower up and down a grassy knoll anyway unless its for a paycheck. Oops, that's for another story. But anyway, the City of Ypsilanti decided to contract a cool sounding company called Project Mow and their sheep to do the dirty work of grooming (chewing) cleaning (licking) cutting (biting) tall grass on a grassy knoll in the park. You get the picture.

But, back to day two of the amazing mowing sheep! As I approached the grassy knoll I immediately noticed that all of them (the sheep) were lying down under their little hut house place. Aha! They WERE staging a protest! A sit down strike! But wait...No, suddenly, one of the little sheep turned and looked at me, and then stood up and ambled his/her way back over to the hill. Soon, the rest of the sheep followed him/her and soon all the sheep were back to mowing the grassy knoll. T'was a glorious sight to behold. Well, it was kinda cute, anyway. This whole project is just like living back in the 1800's I bet! Yep, its just like the Little House On the Prairie TV show! In fact, I was looking for Melissa Gilbert to show up and come running down the grassy knoll!

It has, however, proven difficult to find out how much money the City of Ypsilanti is paying the sheep, I mean, Project Mow. I do know that the work is being contracted by the City of Ypsilanti, but as far as figures, so far, I have been unable find the information regarding the cost of the project after a couple attempts. I'll let you know when I find out.

Meanwhile, who cares about the cost, right!?

Jeff Brown
editor/publisher/
Purple Walrus Press.
This guy is onto me. Photos Purple Walrus Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment