Thursday, April 14, 2016

WHY IN THE HELL DID UTAH SENATOR MIKE LEE BLOCK FUNDING FOR FLINT WATER CRISIS?

On Utah republican Senator Mike Lee's website it says, "Mike standing for you". Well, he certainly doesn't care about the people of Flint, Michigan because he just blocked up to $250 million in funding in the energy bill that was ear-marked to aide in the Flint water crisis. The fact that Senator Lee blocked funding is not only disgusting but difficult to fathom. Well, let me take that back. In light of all the deception and lying going on by the State of Michigan and the governors office nothing surprises me anymore, and I'm sure I'm speaking for the 100,000 residents of Flint who are having to suffer through this seemingly endless water crisis.

I put in a call today to Senator Lee's office in Utah inquiring as to how and why he would choose to block funding for Flint and other communities with water issues. I'm sure I won't hear from him or any of his staffers. Of course, if anyone from his office did return my call they would surely say in response to my question that the State of Michigan has a rainy day fund for this man-made disaster and that its up to the states, blah, blah, blah. Well, the bottom line is that I still don't see much action at all happening in Flint as far as fixing this on-going water crisis. There has been much media attention but little action. I certainly don't blame Flint Mayor Karen Weaver for the inaction, I do blame the State of Michigan and the federal government for cool, cold and callous inaction.

Jeff Brown
Editor in Chief
Purple Walrus Press

No comments:

Post a Comment